Episode 15 – The Reason You need an Editor for Your Book
This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Think you can get away without using an editor for your book? My guest today explains why that might not be so. Listen to this sneak peek from my interview with author, Ceeley Mack, as he explains why you need to use an editor before you publish your book!
Why Editors are an Important Part in Improving Your Story:
Ceeley Mack is the middle grade author of Wolf Moon: The House on Bloom Street and an upcoming speaker in the Kidlit Indie Publishing Summit. He sat down to explain to me all the reasons why an editor is needed to improve your story. Plus, he shared with me his own experience with using an editor.
If you’re worried about showing someone your story, or having someone critique your work, this will help you out! In the interview, I even asked Ceeley what he’d suggest you do to deal with difficult feedback. Listen to the episode above.
And if you’d like to catch the full interview with Ceely Mack, plus all his editing tips, sign-up to attend the Kidlit Indie Publishing Summit. It’s a week-long event with different authors sharing their insights and it’s 100% FREE! Get your ticket here.
Share this episode!
Listen to all the episodes:
- Episode 1 – Becoming a Kid’s Book Author with Brooke Van Sickle
- Episode 2 – The 6 Categories of Kid’s Books You should Know
- Episode 3 – How to Know if Your Story’s Ready to Submit
- Episode 4 – Not Everyone Should Self-Publish a Book
- Episode 5 – Interview with Children’s Book Illustrator Gabriela Dieppa
- Episode 6 – Work from Home Habits to be More Productive
- Episode 7 – Interview with Host of the Storyland Podcast Jessica Snider
- Episode 8 – How to Write a Good Query Letter
- Episode 9 – Interview with Children’s Book Author Katie Pye
- Episode 10 – Interview with Brigitte Brulz on Publishing with Amazon’s KDP
- Episode 11 – Finding a Story in Children’s Books with a Message
- Episode 12 – 4 Ways to Find Time to Write with a Busy Schedule
- Episode 13 – 3 Things to Know Before You Self-Publish
- Episode 14 – 3 Ways to Find New Ideas to Write About